Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Google

Our time with Jackson and Kim was amazing. We went to the Sony WonderLab, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Chinatown, 9/11 Memorial and Grand Central Station. We ate at the Shake Shack and NY style pizza. But there was no toping our finale: a tour of Google. You can only get in if you KNOW someone. Well, I didn't know someone. And I haven't known someone for 3 years- which is the length of time I've spent tying to know someone! I finally decided to place all the last of my eggs in the Facebook basket. And it worked. I posted that if anyone anywhere knew anyone that worked for Google and could help a boy who desperately wanted to work for Google in the future, to please let me know. My college friend, Ann Lowe, reached out to her nephew, Brian Bilbo of Google, and he agreed to give us a tour. Holy cow. It worked. After 3 years, we finally got in!

No pictures inside Google, but let's just leave it at amazing. I told Kevin I would work as the carpet sweeper if they would hire me!

Brian taking the boys outside for a view of NYC from Google.

After the tour waiting to get our car. Worn out after a 2 1/2 hour, but totally worth it!

Jackson's posts on Instagram about the swag Brian gave them.