Monday, June 16, 2008

The Capitol, The White House, The Library of Congress, The Supreme Court








Garett took this picture of me inside Congresswoman Melissa Bean's office. We met there to go on a tour of the Capitol. Our camera was confiscated after that BECAUSE we had a tour of THE WHITE HOUSE.

Oh, how I wish I could have taken pictures of the White House. It was sooooooooooo amazing. I loved the stories, the originality of the furniture, the picture of George Washington that Dolly Madison saved, the fresh flowers in every room, the Secret Service, and the fact that the areas we toured are very much used. I thought they would only show you a portion that was just "for show". As it turns out, when the tours are over at 1 pm, they roll the carpets back down and take down the little rope barriers and still very much use each of the rooms we toured- the West Wing, the Green Room, the Red Room, the Blue Room, the library, etc.

We made it past the Library of Congress (see picture above) which is beautiful with a fountain in the front. Garett, frankly, was too exhausted to go to the Library of Congress tour. We had a tour of the Supreme Court where we got to sit in the actual Court Chamber. Garett fell asleep in my lap while we were given a lecture on the Supreme Court.

We got to eat lunch in the Supreme Court cafeteria. I'm not sure I have ever let a child of mine eat cereal for lunch, much less Cocoa Krispies. There is a first for everything!